Saturday, December 4, 2010

Look How Crafty I Was!!!

I am not crafty in the slightest. I want to be and sometimes I dare to try, but usually I just end up copying someone else's idea and still doesn't turn out great. So that fact that this project turned out so well and I thought of it ALL on my own deserves a blog post. I had seen this Christmas tree cones wrapped in felt and thought I could do that but after bringing my supplies home from Michaels I had a better idea!
Here is the before and the cutouts of felt.
And here is my final product! They go perfectly with my black velvet reindeer that I already had. I can't get over how cute they are and how fairly easy it was and that fact that I thought of it all on my own! Hopefully you all think they are just as cute! I also took pictures along the way if any of you want to do it yourself let me know. I am now obsessed with felt and you probably being seeing more of it here in the future.
Also, I want your opinion on this display...we normally have the vases empty but Ryan and I styled them like this for Christmas. We can't decide if we like it or if we are trying too hard. Let me know what you think...

11 comments:

Julie and Kyle said...

look at you miss crafty! ... and im indifferent on the vases. dont love it, dont hate it. sorry, im no help.

Carrie said...

GOOD JOB! I love craftiness! AND I Love felt! Did you notice the felt flower I had? I love them...and they are tooo easy! I think the lights look great lit up...but when they aren't on they might look funny? But I love Christmas lights...And I love the jars filled with Christmas balls and such! Way to go..we need to see room shots of your new home:)

Whitney said...

Supper cute Xmas trees! I am the same way, I want to be crafty SO bad! I have alls these ideas I just cant seem to actually "do" them. Basically my ideas are better left in my imagination! I think the vases look really cute lit up! I like!

Kathy said...

Love them both. I always love any excuse to have christmas lights warming up a room!

Brenda said...

CRAFTY INDEED!!! I absolutely love the felt trees! I'm not sure on the light display....love it at night....not so much in the day.

Karen M. said...

They turned out so cute and look just as you described them to me! Isn't it great when you're able to execute a plan and it actually is something to be proud of? All cute-even the lights, more on than off but which lights aren't?

Anjanette said...

Those leaf felt trees are SO cute! And the vases?...love them. Great ideas!

nikki said...

Your trees are so cute - I'm so impressed with the craftiness since I have not even one ounce of it.

I like your light display.

Amy said...

Love the trees!! I want some! I'm impressed that you're the one I'll be stealing this idea from. Did it take you a year and a day to cut the "leaf" shapes? I love the bulbs in the vases, not sure about the light snakes. But... I love the way the light shines off the glass.

Brittany Simmons said...

Love the trees! Like the idea of the lights inside the vases, but not how they all connect....

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

Good job on your crafty side, I really dig the trees. I like your pretty glass vases and the light creating that shimmer, but the cord from vase to vase not so much. You may be able to get a lot of that same light bouncing off the glass if you string the lights across the back edge of the table/dresser it's on. Hey you asked, we told. :) Love you guys.