Sunday, January 17, 2010

Tom's Farm & 15 Months

We decided to stay around our house this weekend and head to Tom's Farm and Grandma Brenda came up to join in on the fun. Camryn's first ride on a carousal...however too scared to ride on the horses. Maybe next time.
And her first train ride. She loved having Grandma take her on all the rides.So then I decided I would take her into the petting zoo. All was going well until...
the goats got a little over zealous. Not a good move, she was deathly scared from then on. Tried to steer her to see these crazy ducks. Have her ever seen ducks feathers like this? Fascinating. She still was mad.
So then I tried the pygmy pigs, but then I got attacked by the goats! Don't worry that he was eating my vest! Conclusion...goats are mean.
In other news...Camryn has become quite the helper. She loves to "sweep" and help with the laundry. I have found another reason why I love having a little girl. She learns so much everyday it is crazy! Today at Stake Conference running the halls with her I was beginning to think we really had the spawn of Satan. But then during the closing prayer Ryan and I looked over and she was folding her arms! She sat there for a good 5 seconds and even had her eyes closed! I am glad she was being reverent because Ryan and I were busting up! We have never taught her to do this.
So now you tell her to close her eyes and this is what she does! How do kids pick up on everything? And if the rest of the pictures didn't make you laugh maybe this will...

Everday at our house is entertaining to say the least.

14 comments:

Brenda said...

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying! I loved the picture of her folding her arms. I leave for one day and she learns something new. I am one lucky grandma.

Whitney said...

Hey Erica it has been forever, and I am planning on coming out tomy parents this week, most likely on Thursday, so let me know if you will be around. You probably haven't been getting updates on my blog because I just caught up in the last couple of days, I have been slacking.

I also think goats are mean, have you ever been to the Dairy? They have 2 that are so mean, Landon wont feed them! Your pics are so cute and the video is funny, little kids laughing is so contagious!

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

Are you kidding me that she is so dang cute!?!!! I mean, she was cute before, but I just think they get better as they get a little older. I thought I loved 18 months-ish, but just wait til 3, the best age yet!!! Kids learn by example, so that means she must see you saying your prayers and others...so kudos to the Smart parents.

The Hardy's said...

The picture cracks me up where you are being attacked and Camryn looks beyond terrified! I agree that those goats can be MEAN! She is just so cute and I love her laugh!

Amy said...

Oh my gosh the folding arms is adorable. Pretty soon she'll be saying her own prayers and you'll be laughing the entire time. Like I do with Owen's prayers.

Those goats... OH MY GOSH!! Why were they SO crazy. I'd be afraid let alone a 1 year old.

I love that kids make you laugh everyday. It's the best.

Nichelle said...

That video!! i am dying! her and ryan's laugh combined is such a good cure for a bad or sad mood. what a cute little girl, she's really growing way too fast and she is getting so pretty with every day that goes by.

Julie and Kyle said...

she is such a cutie! and its still so weird to me that ryan is a dad. love the video.

nikki said...

You guys are so cute! Camryn is so lucky to have such fun parents - you have the very most entertaining house, I'm sure! Love the family Yahtzee. Sorry about those freaky goats - they can be so weird. We have ducks like that at our pond we'll have to take Camryn when you are here!! I love her folding her arms and can picture you guys busting up in SC!

Amanda said...

Ethan used to fold his arms during the prayer at just about the same age Camryn is. Then all of a sudden he decided to start being more irreverent than ever and that's where we're at these days. He does say "amen" though at the end of prayers and sometimes in the middle if he thinks the prayer is getting a little lengthy.

Oh and the video is hilarious. Something about baby belly laughs that can so easily put you in a good mood. Even Ethan got to laughing just hearing her laugh.

Karen M. said...

How cute is that! Love the folding arms and the laugh is to die for! We've been missing the "hi" so this was a nice substitute of the real thing-miss you all!

Brenda said...

I'm seriously embarassed to admit how many times a day I watch the video and show it to others. And each time I still laugh.

cody said...

I can't watch the video on my computer for some reason. It sounds like I need to so email it to me. Man Camryn is cute little kid.

Carrie said...

I've attempted to leave a comment today and yesterday! craziness.

Goats are ruthless! Much like geese. I've had frightening experiences with both! Once a few years ago I had the funniest video of a goat and one of my boys and it got deleted! I was so sad! How funny that he's trying to eat your back! Seriously!

Fun family weekend. The prayer girl is adorable! so sweet! Oh and the laughing. Infectios.

Erin said...

seriously erica i want to adopt her! she has the cutest little face ever! i love the pic of you two being attacked my the goat! it is crazy how kids pick up things from you...good and bad!