I have more reasons than just this bet as a reason to get the weight off, here they are:
1. This is what I looked like a year ago...not too shabby
2. My 10 year highschool reunion is in June--need I say more
3. I am training for a triathlon sprint in August at Camp Pendleton. It is not a triathlon at a sprint pace, it is a shorter triathlon. I would die instantly in a real triathlon
4. I was invited recently to join a group on facebook of all the Ryan Smarts on facebook. This is the profile of one Ryan Smart. Now I am sure when many of you searched for me for the first time, you accidentally clicked on this image thinking it was me....thank you. I am sure this Ryan Smart doesn't have a beautiful wife, baby, or the everlasting gospel, but he has abs and I would like some.
5. My wife keeps freakishly losing weight and I gotta keep up
Here is how I am going to acheive my goal:
1. Running--I hate it, but it works so well, and I do feel great when I am done
2. Little to no carbs-I love me a carb, but everytime I eat them they rear their pudgy heads in the aforementioned areas.
3. I drink my breakfast. Usually fresh fruit, juice, flax seed, and a little yogurt...delicious
4. A lot more salads. I always hate when people say they'd rather eat a salad or fresh fruit than candy or dessert. If natural foods tasted so good then why did we spend billions of dollars and scientific brain power to make articial flavors, oils, and other confectionaries? They taste better.
5. p90x-Best and most difficult work out in the world-I hate it and I love it.
6. Get tan-tan fat is better looking than white fat--and like poultry it is all pastey and fat when it's raw, but when you cook it it gets golden and shrinks a little--I'm looking for similar sciences.
7. Drink a lot more water-I use the bathroom every 15 minutes because my body rejects this clear, foreign substance void of carbonation, carmel color, and traces of aspertame and lime, along with other natural and artificial flavors.
8. mild starvation--it works
If anyone out there has any other great advice for my 6 week endeavor, please share. I'm down 3 pounds in 2 weeks--7 to go.