Saturday, December 13, 2008

Blessing Day and Weekend with The Fam

Although we had jst been with our famiy the week before, we were able to get together again for Camryn's blessing! And it gave a great excuse for my oldest sister Nikki (who was sick for Thanksgiving) and her fam to come visit and be with all the cousins. It was a full house...8 adults, 5 kids and 2 babies. We were able to do a lot of things in less than 48 hours.
The 5 boys showing their muscles after feeding the animals at De Jongs Farm. Amazing chocolate milk!

Then next we headed to the park next to Lake Elsinore so the kids could play around. Me, Mom and Nikki. And Carter just finished peeing in the background gotta love that! Who thinks Nikki and I are twins?

Then we took the kids to a Children's Muesuem. I had looked it up hoping it was cool and luckily it did not let us down! This was in the glow in the dark room with highlighter on the kids arms. They loved it. We topped off the day with pizza and walking around Old Town Temecula. Very fun day!


Then it was the big day. This is Cam right before church...she was all smiles! My mom bought the dress for her...I was obsessed with it! Real raw silk!

The Smart Family minus Ryan's other two brothers and sister-in-law who couldn't make it

The Motley Family...and this is just half. Thanks Nugget for making an appearance.

Camryn was an angel through the blessing and all the pictures. We had such a fun day with a luncheon and visiting with everyone. A big thanks for all our friends and family that made the great effort to come for Camryn's big day.

9 comments:

Karen M. said...

It was a really fun weekend, wasn't it! What a neat family-love it, love it! So glad that some of the bonnet pictures made it on the blog. Sorry Ryan, it looks really cute!

Amy said...

I agree, the bonnet pics are priceless. I am a fan of the bow though too. At least I was there in spirit! Beautiful dress, beautiful baby, beautiful family!

Karen said...

Beautiful family. Love, Karen Rose

Carrie said...

It was a great weekend. She was beautiful. I love the pic of the boys in the hay. Carter peeing in the background is awesome...that's one serious benefit baby Camryn won't have. It's one of my favorite things about little boys. Potty breaks are seriously easy.

Erin said...

her dress is adorable! she looks gorgeous! soooo fun! I can't wait for the blessing days!

Nichelle Jensen said...

What!? I didn't even know you guys had a blog! I'm so happy I found it cause Camryn is the cutest thing i've ever seen! i love her and am dying to meet her:)

Chase and Nichole said...

Her dress is amazing, she looks like a little doll. I loved Brielle's blessing day. She was an angel during her blessing and pictures too. I really believe they know what is going on and it calms them down. I hope we get a chance to hang so I can meet you while you and Ryan are in Park City. ANd our babies need to meet since they are pretty much the same age!

nikki said...

What a great post! You totally captured the awesome blessing weekend! Cam looked priceless in her raw silk with the bonnet and the bow. I'm glad all your worries about her fussing during the blessing were unfounded. And I love what an awesome tour director you were - we had a great time doing all our activities!

And can you tell I'm a mom of 3 boys? I didn't even notice Carter in the background of that picture and saw it a million times before you posted it! That's kind of gross.

MediocreMama said...

I'm sorry...who is that MAN in the Smart family picture? The one with the mustache? Do not tell me it's Greg or Jake because I will die of shock. THEY WERE ALWAYS JUST LITTLE KIDS! Are you kidding me?