Let me tell you that the people that try out for this might be the craziest people I have ever met. One lady said to me, "Oh I can't try out..."
Me: "Really why?"
Her: "I'm not a citizen"
Me: "What are you?" (I'm so subtle)
Her: "Phillipino. I got a DUI a few weeks before I turned 21 and I confessed so they denied me my citizenship"
Me: "Good job for telling the truth...so you just here supporting your friend?"
Her: "Oh this is my girlfriend, well fiance actually, when it's legal. Can you believe it's not legal in California?"
Me in my head: "Yes, and I stood on a street corner and hung door hangers so it couldn't be...but you're really nice and I don't hate you."
Me actually: (starting to sweat and nervous laughing) You could move to Hawaii--it's nice there.
They then called my name next so I was saved.
I had one minute to talk in front of a camera and tell them why I'd should be the next survivor. I so nervous and flushed I don't even remember what I said other than, "I'm sure you already have your token crazy guy, because I stood in line with him--he has on a black vest and cowboy boots." I wasn't lying this guy has tried out 8 times. He was old and I'm pretty sure he harmed small animals.
I did meet some nice people in line and we already made alliances. I'm pretty sure I'll win. So here are the reasons I think I'd made a good Survivor:
1. I am clearly not a physical threat, so I'll just be the average guy for awhile-BUT I'm pretty scrappy, like a mongoose waiting to strike
2. I make friends pretty easy and there are always 2 crazy people, 1 old person, 1 really weak person, 1 insanely ripped person, and one prostitue-type girl that the other girls try and get voted off--that puts me in a decent position
3. I am excellent at extracting information out of people and getting them to trust me.
Here are reasons why I could get voted off immediately:
1. I can't lie so I'm sure I'd tell everyone everything and completely get myself in the WORST social situations early on.
2. I find it difficult to keep my mouth shut--I know I would end up telling someone off and get vote off
3. I could possible die
One question on the application I found interesting was, "What would you do for a million dollars?" I found it difficult to articulate. I said that I would do almost anything that didn't compromise my morals--but I'd eat poo.
Please feel free to answer that same question on the comments section. I am sure I won't go any farther than the Open Call, but here's to living life with no regrets...I'll get famous somehow.
Here I am--ready or not...